27.7.13

feeling, living.
















If I'm swelling with mosquito bites and red ant stings, it's okay. I'll take raw patches of sunburnt skin - that's fine. I don't mind black under-eye bags hinting at sleepless nights, or puffy rims from tears that leak.

Those itchy bumps on my arms, legs, and neck? They are proof of my living. The salt water trickling down my cheeks, off my nose? They show that I am feeling. You may be safe, content, clean, and free of pain, but I want to be loving, hurting, breathing, sobbing, laughing, roaming, connecting, and learning. It is better to know emotion than to be without it.

I know how to exist. Existing is bedroom confinement; a phone with no callers; unblemished pale skin; an empty stomach; nothing to say or express. I have merely existed for too long. Living is being mad, sad, happy, and confused; being with friends, upset with friends, and in love with friends; hugging, touching, and even hitting.

Bug bites, scratches, a broken heart, confused thoughts - I'm not complaining. I want to come out of my comfort zone.

7 comments:

  1. this! this is so beautiful and raw and real and yes yes YES! amen to living and being broken and loving and feeling ALIVENESS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos... your blog is so beautiful it's unreal
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so amazing. thank you for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. It makes me think of when I was little-I hated my freckles, so I decided to try and spend more time in doors. Of course I was miserable, and ended up going back outside. My mom would just tell me they were "Kisses from the sun". haha. I don't mind them anymore :)

    Love the pictures. Especially the orange flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is ah so beautiful. I want to truly live. And I love this perspective, cause it's easy to complain, but instead we can take our hurts, bruises, laughs, and tears as a sign we're really living. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I know how to exist. Existing is bedroom confinement; a phone with no callers; unblemished pale skin; an empty stomach; nothing to say or express."

    This sums it all up, girl. You are incredibly wise and this blog is fast becoming a favorite. Love this and all you do.

    p.s. YOUR DESIGN. I LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of these :)
    -Deana, from Birds&Oxfords

    StickyGram Giveaway

    ReplyDelete