7.9.12

a return to routine.






The past three days have been so hectic in contrast to the leisure of summer that I've barely had time to catch my breath. It seems as if one moment I was sleeping in, lounging around, the next I was stuffing papers into my school locker and frantically hanging on to the rush of things. Once I'm home from school, slipping outdoors with my camera for even 15 minutes gives me a sense of overwhelming peace and comfort. I can easily lose myself in pressing the shutter button until I've found the perfect composition. But after 50 or 60 frames, it's time to hurry back inside and race to finish tasks before heading off to the next obligation.

The growing list of tasks and to-do's makes me frustrated and weary, but at the end of the day I am thankful for each and every blessing. Squares of dark chocolate to nibble on, a mother to hug tight and spend Friday nights watching Downton Abbey with, a pile of library novels at my bedside table and autumn rain that I secretly adore. I can't complain, because I am truly a very lucky girl.

                                Is anyone else sharing the struggle to fall back into school routine?

1 comment:

  1. i just hate school man lol

    but i agree i'm having problems getting used to the new routine since i have to wake up at 5:45 everyday

    but we get out at 2:30 so thats cool

    ReplyDelete