14.8.12

richard & wendy // my first wedding shoot


Shooting my first wedding was definitely a whirlwind of emotions. It was 10:50 a.m. when Mom and I set off in the car for Richard and Wendy's wedding location with my nerves a mess. Long Live by Taylor Swift was the track I selected to pump me up for the day ahead, and we blasted the happy anthem with the car windows down, sunlight streaming in. Mom dropped me off on the front step with my camera bag over one shoulder, personal bag over the other shoulder and camera slung around my neck. The prospect of the day ahead gave me a slight air of importance, and I rang the doorbell with confidence. So began my first wedding shoot. 

The day had it's ups and downs. It had disappointments and victories. But after everything was over and I was at home with my head about to hit the pillow, I felt proud and happy -- though there lingered an itch under my skin to get up the next day and do it all over again. Without further ado, here are a couple of my favorite shots from Richard and Wendy's special day. This is no thousand-dollar-shoot, and the photos are mediocre at best, but I had fun and I am so excited to shoot more weddings in the future. 















No comments:

Post a Comment